Monday, January 28, 2013

Sweet & Sour Chicken Success!

Ah, Pinterest...  you get me every time  with your pretty pictures  and a billion re-pins...  I figured this one was too good to be true but (ahem) I was wrong.  There are many, many repins on this recipe and they all seem to be almost the exact same, so I'm just going to link you to the one I used.  No, I didn't take pictures. After all, everyone else already did, so why bother?

My thoughts:
I used 3 chicken breasts, and had more than enough for the three of us.
This would be a great recipe to take a la crockpot to a Superbowl party.  Cook your chicken & throw it all in the crockpot.  Good to go.  Yes, I know you can buy pretty decent already cooked up & done chicken at Walmart.  Yes, the price would probably be about the same.  But the "yeah, it's homemade' factor is priceless, especially on something as easy as this.  And you know what's in it...  which does mean something.

I followed directions, against my better judgement (I have an fried egg issue, and hate the idea of eggy parts on my food).  I might have used a little less vinegar...  Do what you will.

Daydream Kitchen Sweet & Sour Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment