Thursday, March 7, 2013

Burlap Mantle Re-Do


I  picked up these REALLY  CUTE burlaps at Joann's last week ($9.99/yd - I bought 1/4 yd of each & had a coupon, so less than $2/piece). Maybe 'burlaps' isn't a word, but it should be.  So you know - Burlap STINKS.  actually.  smells nasty.  and, it made me a little itchy.  


The plan:  to freshen up my fireplace/mantel area.  I dug out some of my candle holder stash, a ruler & a hot glue gun & went to town.  I covered 4 glass containers simply by wrapping a piece of burlap & running a line of hot glue down the back.  I figure I can pick the hot glue off later when I'm ready to un-do the burlap.  Some of them got at cute little wrap of  grapevine wire, some got a stripe of a different burlap.  


I love my animal print decorator balls, but they are pretty beat up and chipped, so I decided to cover them, too.  They aren't perfect, but it's burlap, and rustic, right?  They look pretty good if you don't get close :)


I did buy the yellow vase at Hobby Lobby ($22).  

see my very, very special dried hydrangeas?   I cut those
the day we moved last summer.     


I'm really happy with the way it all turned out.  Now I'm ready for summer, right?  

No comments:

Post a Comment