Friday, February 1, 2013

Not Microwave Popcorn

OK.  We love popcorn. Real popcorn.  Made in a real Whirley Pop popper.

About twice a year I'll buy microwave popcorn, and hate it.  I burn it, it smells bad, blah blah blah.  For a while now I've been seeing 'make your own microwave popcorn at home' things.  Really?  I mean, really?

Well, yeah.  It works.

Paper bag, 1/3 - 1/2 cup popcorn.  Roll the bag over & stick it in the microwave.  As with any microwave popcorn, stand and watch it.  Mine took about about 1 1/2 minutes. I used 1/2 cup, but won't use as much next time.  There were some unpopped kernels, and my bag opened at the bottom, but I will do it again for sure.

and guess what?  No weird stuff.  It's popcorn.  THAT'S ALL.  Add your own butter & salt.  

1 comment:

  1. I used to do that when I was a kid...thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete