Thursday, February 28, 2013

Yes, I have a love affair with garlic






Thinking about dinner (Italian beef in the crockpot - easy peasy) led me to thinking I wanted to make some fries.  Maybe some garlicky fries.  Which led me to thinking I needed to roast some garlic - maybe for the fries, and definitely for some roasted garlic aioli to smather all over my Italian beef sandwich.  Then I saw a post from How Sweet It Is about roasted garlic oil, and I figured I could just do it all at once.  

I roast garlic often enough.  and I make a killer homemade garlic salt with a head of roasted garlic (don't worry, I'll show you how soon and then you'll be hooked, too).  Here's the garlic, all ready to go in the oven:
45 minutes later:  
Drain & cool....  then into a bottle.
and all this yummy roasted garlic


Garlic Aioli

1 cup mayonnaise
3-4 cloves roasted garlic, mashed with a fork
a little salt & pepper
a little lemon juice

Mix it all together & let sit in the fridge for while (an hour, anyway) to let the flavors meld.  Use on burgers, fries, sandwiches, crackers, chips, eat it off the spoon......

No comments:

Post a Comment